Methylation (MTHFR) is a critical cellular process that aids humans in processing certain nutrients and molecules to support:
- Energy production
- Proteins such as cells, muscle, and carriers in the bloodstream
Methylation generally refers to several complex cycles of chemical processes that are occurring at all times in human cells and a variety of genes affect how well methylation cycles operate. A genetic abnormality of one or more genes related to methylation can cause these methylation cycles to become dysfunctional and require customized nutritional, medicinal, and lifestyle interventions. Methylation pathways have significant overlap with virtually all organ systems and metabolic functions in the human body, and, therefore, can have a wide range of impacts on health, energy, detoxification, emotional and psychological function, and cognition.
About the Test
The Vibrant Methylation Panel is a test to measure levels of various genetic mutations present in an individual’s body which could affect methylation pathways. The panel is designed to give a complete picture of these predispositions along with the actual measure of the homocysteine, Vitamin B9 (Folate) and Vitamin B12.
The methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) gene contains the DNA code to produce the MTHFR enzyme. This test detects two of the most common mutations.
Which patients can benefit from the Methylation Panel?
Conditions and Symptoms Associated with Methylation Abnormalities Include:
- Cardiovascular disease
- Neurotransmitter imbalances
- Psychological and emotional disorders
- Increased oxidative stress
- Impaired detoxification/increased toxic burden
- Mood disorders
- Low energy or fatigue
- Neurodegenerative disorders
- Increased risk for cancer
The Vibrant Advantage
- Vibrant’s Methylation panel creates a personalized roadmap to addressing your patient’s complex and unique genetic needs for nutrients and lifestyle changes associated with them.
- Vibrant offers additional testing such as Micronutrient 3.0 as well as the Total Tox Burden bundle to detect whether you are at increased risk for toxic burden and oxidative stress due to methylation abnormalities.
- Also consider ordering Vibrant's Neurotransmitters test to assess direct pathways which may be affected by methylation abnormalities in the nervous system.
For additional information and pricing, call (908) 658-4900 Monday- Friday 10am-5pm EST.